Central Local Health Integration Network
Communications Coordinator - Digital
Job # 2017-1714
The Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), a Crown Agency of the Province of Ontario, is responsible for planning, funding, integrating health services and delivering home and community care services for over 1.8 million people living in northern Toronto, parts of Etobicoke, York Region and South Simcoe County. The LHIN provides over $2 billion in funding to more than 90 health service providers including hospitals, long-term care homes, community health centres, mental health and addiction service providers and community support services).
We are seeking an innovative Communications Coordinator with strong verbal and written communications skills and who brings an expertise in digital communications to develop, produce and publish timely and compelling content, and enhance usability, of our multiple digital platforms.
The role reports to the Manager, Communications and works collaboratively with multiple stakeholders. In addition to supporting all aspects of communications, the successful candidate will bring hands-on experience in developing and implementing digital communications strategy and tactics, be passionate about engaging employee and stakeholder engagement, and committed to contributing to a more sustainable, efficient and accessible health care system that puts patients first.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to develop and execute communication strategies and plans for corporate initiatives.
- Develop digital communications strategy and tactics, with a particular focus on electronic platforms, to support our mission, vision, strategic priorities and operational activities.
- Build and activate robust social media content calendar that aligns with patient needs and interests and Ministry, LHIN and health service provider priority areas.
- Research, write, edit, design, publish and promote engaging, brand-aligned content and images across traditional and new communications platforms with an emphasis on digital platforms (Intranet, Websites, Extranet and Social Media).
- Conduct research, propose ideas and undertake execution to advance accessibility, navigability and usability of our digital platforms including for compliance with The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and to optimize search engine queries.
- Support planning and implementation for a cohesive and integrated presence for legacy LHIN digital platforms and more recently acquired home and community care platforms.
- Serve as an ambassador for Patients First and LHIN priorities.
- Organize and oversee the LHIN’s corporate image library.
- Support and provide end-to-end video production and photography needs including camera operation, editing and publishing for informal video projects – e.g., employee updates.
- Design, produce and publish other electronic materials – e.g., multimedia presentations, image galleries.
- Track and report on our digital reach, and make recommendations to strengthen content and usability based on analytics.
- Monitor and report on emerging trends, technologies and techniques to enhance our digital presence.
- Conduct annual audit of digital communication platforms to identify content and functionality opportunities.
- Undertake competitive quote process for cost projects, and prepare analysis and recommendations.
- Develop training tools and provide hands-on training to support digital communications.
- Perform other tasks as required in support of communication priorities and projects.
- University degree or college diploma in digital media, communications, marketing or related field.
- Minimum three years of experience developing and publishing digital communications.
- Strong writer with a knack for packaging content in interesting ways.
- Proficient in web publishing/content management tools, applications, principles and best practices.
- Experience in web analytics and reporting.
- Familiar with basic graphic design tools – e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign
- Knowledge of basic video production and editing.
- The Central LHIN relies on Sitecore and SharePoint, and has presence on Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Developing and posting content across these platforms is a core requirement for this role.
- Skilled at project management, able to work with diverse clients in positive and professional ways, and adept at juggling multiple priorities against competing timelines.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to HRCentral@LHINS.on.ca by October 25, 2017, quoting Job # 2017-1714 in the subject line.
This position is located at the Central LHIN headquarters in Markham, Ontario. There may be requirement for occasional travel to other sites across the Central LHIN.
For more information on the Central LHIN, visit centrallhin.on.ca. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.