The South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is one of 14 local organizations in Ontario that plan, coordinate and fund local health services and deliver high quality home and community care to patients and families. The South West LHIN is committed to health improvement, innovation, and the establishment of collaborative partnerships to improve population health, patient experience and value for money across the health care system.
LHIN staff incorporates the best aspects of teamwork and continuous learning as they work with the local community to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone. If you have a passion for excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit, this is your opportunity to make a difference as part of a dynamic team transforming the Ontario healthcare system.
SYSTEM ANALYST (Permanent Full-Time Position)
Reporting to Director Information Technology and Facilities, the System Analyst position with our IT Infrastructure team is located in the London head office. The System Analyst is responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and support of information technology and telecommunications systems. This would include such items as operational monitoring of systems and network connectivity issues, training for IT staff on operating procedures, documentation, SOP's analyzing information and making recommendations, and participating in long and short-range technology planning. This role provides support to the organization in performance of the System Analyst functions serving all offices within the South West LHIN.
What Can I Expect to Do?
- In coordination with the Manager, develops, designs, installs, configures, maintains, and handles issues around all building and wide-area network communications.
- Monitors and manages network and server security.
- Manages service level agreements and implements large and small scale disaster recovery plans to ensure uptime of networks, applications, and servers.
- Develops and conducts VOIP system end-user training.
- Drafts user manuals and/or document process and procedures.
- Administers and maintains South West LHIN systems administration (e.g., Storage Attached Network) and trouble shoots high-risk concerns (e.g., server down).
- Responds to facility needs as required.
- Provides service desk assistance to ensure client satisfaction.
- Maintains effective working relationships with vendors to co-develop, maintain, and design systems.
Location: This position is located in the South West LHIN region.
How do I qualify?
- Minimum Information Technology diploma from a recognized University or Community College.
- ITIL Foundations Certification an asset.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of two (2) years' relevant experience with network support and design, software applications, operating systems, telecommunications, and network connectivity.
- VoIP knowledge/training an asset.
- Proven experience and knowledge of Mitel system and peripherals; switches and routers, workstation printers, and other peripherals is an asset.
- Familiar with QoS.
- Ability to perform upgrades to hardware and software as required, problem tracking, and maintain service records.
- Monitor and manage network and server security. Extensive knowledge in WAN, LAN and VLAN architecture.
- Demonstrated ability with firewalls, MPLS and VPNs. DHCP configuration programming.
- Windows Server experience within a Hyper-V environment.
- Windows enterprise (workstation) experience.
- Assist in implementation and support of new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to isolate technical problems and perform root cause analysis.
- Capability to share technical strengths and identify/improve any technical weaknesses.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with team members and all customers.
- Highly self-motivated with the capacity to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and experience with Citrix, XenApp, XenMobile MDM, XenMobile App Controller, XenMobile Storefront, ShareFile, and implementation of Citrix Thin Clients with virtualized desktops.
- Occasional travel throughout the South West LHIN and occasional travel outside the South West region.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity, please visit www.lhinjobs.ca to apply. Application deadline is October 23, 2017.
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
For further information on the South West LHIN please visit: http://www.southwestlhin.on.ca
The LHIN is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants are welcome. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.