The Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), is one of 14 local organizations that have been created in Ontario to plan, coordinate and fund local health services, including hospitals, community care, long-term care homes, community support service agencies, and mental health and addictions agencies. The Mississauga Halton LHIN is home to more than one million people and its office is located in Oakville, Ontario.
Committed to lead health system coordination and integration for our communities our vision is to move towards a seamless health system promoting optimal health and delivering high quality care when and where needed. If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team at the Mississauga Halton LHIN, consider the following:
We are recruiting a Communications Strategist
Start Date: Immediately
Portfolio: Health System Strategy Integration and Planning
Department: Communications and Engagement
Reports To: Manager, Strategic Communications and Partner Relations
Category: Temporary Full-Time
Primary Assigned Location: Etobicoke Office – 401 the West Malll
The Communications Strategist is responsible for providing strategic communications support for organizational work including developing and delivering communications coaching to senior leadership and staff.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
Communications and Coaching
- Works in partnership with MH LHIN leadership, community partners and relevant teams to proactively develop communications strategy and tactical materials
- A key driver in developing and implementing the strategic communications framework for building an integrated system of care for patients with complex needs with in MH region.
- Develops and delivers customized communications coaching for various leaders as identified.
- Ensures communications are consistent with provincial health links messaging and branding guidelines, Mississauga Halton LHIN key organizational messages and visual identity guidelines.
- Develops communication collateral materials to highlight Mississauga Halton LHIN programs and initiatives.
- Liaises with relevant teams, executives and senior leaders to deliver consistent communications content and strategy to internal and external stakeholders, including Service Providers, hospitals, primary care and community agencies.
- Liaises and engages with external partners and audiences in the development of communications strategy, materials and activities
- Develops and provides communications materials for other priority projects as assigned
- University degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism or Public Affairs (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Accredited Business Communicator (ABC) designation from International Association of Business Communicators an asset
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years related experience in developing and implementing communications tactics; experience must include communications skills coaching
- Excellent knowledge of current communication theories, disciplines, techniques, best practices and planning methods
- Excellent knowledge of project management
- Adept in the use of MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Thorough understanding and commitment to quality service and best practice
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
- Ability to analyze information, problem-solve and make good decisions
- Self-directed with an ability to organize, plan, prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated critical thinking
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ensures effective and professional communications with all internal/external contacts to establish and maintain a range of contacts with health professionals, service providers and organizations within the community
- Works respectfully, positively and collaboratively within a team environment sharing experience and lessons
- Good negotiation, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Solid mentoring and coaching skills to provide instructions and guidance to employees with respect to activities, challenges and questions specific to communications/public relations
- Ability to communicate in French or another language an asset
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing competition #FY1718-066 via the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca. Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.