We are currently recruiting a Project Manager for: Hip and Knees Central Intake and Assessment Centres and Inter-Spine Assessment and Education Centres (ISAEC)
Competition Number: FY1718-114
Date Posted: September 27, 2017
Date Closed: Until Filled
Portfolio: Health System Strategy, Integration and Planning
Department: Strategy, Integration, and Planning
Team: Strategy Management Office
Reports To: Director, Strategy, Integration and Planning
Category: Temporary Full Time (one year, option for renewal)
Primary Assigned Location: Mississauga Halton LHIN, 700 Dorval Drive, Oakville
To ensure our residents have timely access to a high quality, integrated continuum of musculoskeletal and spine care, the Mississauga Halton LHIN is seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead the development and implementation of Central Intake and Assessment Centres for Hips and Knees and the Inter-Spine Assessment and Education Centres (ISAEC). Reporting to the Director of Strategy, Integration, and Planning with matrix accountability to Director, Regional Programs, the project manager will work closely with Trillium Health Partners, Halton Healthcare Services, Physicians and other key stakeholders and provide project management expertise and leadership in order to ensure project success.
- Establish and manage the multi-disciplinary steering committee and cross-sector project working groups to support the implementation of Central Intake and Assessment Centres (CIAC) for Hips and Knees and the Inter-Spine Assessment and Education Centres (ISAEC);
- Communicate project vision, goals and objectives to project teams/ committees/working groups, internal and external stakeholders;
- Develop the work plan in collaboration with the steering committee, update regularly, ensure progress and identify barriers as needed;
- Ensure alignment of local planning with provincially established models and procedures for CIAC and ISAEC;
- Creates and controls all project management artifacts needed to effectively strategize, plan and execute on project objectives;
- Develops, with key internal and external stakeholders and partners, the project work plan for LHIN wide implementation and adoption of CIAC and ISAEC; monitors and controls the work per the project plans;
- Ensures an engagement and change management plan is developed and implemented for key stakeholders across multiple sectors;
- Ensure development of a comprehensive cross-sectorial communications strategy;
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of project metrics and key performance indicators locally and in alignment with provincial indicators to ensure project success;
- Monitor the deliverables of each working group to ensure successful project delivery within the constraints of scope, schedule and quality;
- Ensure interdependencies across related projects are incorporated into work plan(s) and facilitate communication across key stakeholders;
- Seek the appropriate subject matter expertise when needed and negotiate the support of key resources;
- Undertake effective risk definition and analysis to ensure appropriate mitigation and management of risks at various stages of the project;
- Facilitate meetings including agendas, minutes and review/monitoring of project work plan;
- Oversee final project close out procedures and conduct post mortems to document lessons learned;
- Perform additional task as needed.
- University degree in Health Care, Business Administration, Social Science or related field; a Master’s degree is an asset (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience at mid-senior levels in health care or related field
- Experience and understanding of the Rehabilitative Care sector an asset
- Understanding of Ontario’s health-care system, key priorities and trends
- Experience project managing complex projects and achieving deliverables on time
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Advance problem solving skills and business acumen
- Excellent negotiation, conflict resolution and consensus building skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of project management tools and approaches to effectively manage a multidisciplinary project and the flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams
- Adept in the use of MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
- Self-directed with an ability to organize, plan, prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and success in applying quality improvement methodologies highly desirable
Thank-you for your interest in joining our exceptional team at the Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing competition #FY1718-114 via the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca. Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.