Senior Financial Analyst
Location: CENTRAL LHIN-This position will initially be based at our Sheppard site, in North York, ON.
The Finance department of the Central Local Health Integration Network has an immediate opening for a regular full time Senior Financial Analyst. The successful candidate must have demonstrated success working independently as a self-starter in a fast paced environment along with excellent inter-personal skills. Priority will be given to candidates with healthcare or hospital experience in a financial reporting role. Reporting to the Senior Manager – Accounting and Reporting, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation and posting of month end journal entries from other departments such as Payroll, along with Prepaids, Accruals
- Assessment of reasonableness of monthly adjustments and timely resolution
- Monthly production of lead sheet and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Lead the compilation of monthly, quarterly and year end internal financial statements
- Prepare cash flow projections
- Review HST returns
- Prepare sensitivity analysis, trending analysis and other financial analysis / reports required by the senior management. Ad-hoc analysis, special projects and other assignments as required
- Coordinate year end and special audit deliverable such as preparation of working papers
- Assist Senior Manager, Accounting and reporting with the preparation of year-end financial statements for the auditors
- Responding to auditor inquiries and providing supporting documentation
- External reporting to MOHLTC.
- Maintain the Chart of Accounts and reporting structures in GreatPlains to ensure all organizational changes are updated.
- Assist with following up on GreatPlains related issues that arise on an as needed basis.
- Respond to requests for information and accounting related queries Special ad hoc requests, assignments and analysis as needed.
- Liaise with other departments (such as Payroll, HR, A/P, A/R, Financial budgeting and forecasting) to follow up on any issues or changes that need to be made
- Open to opportunities for process changes and improvements to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the Accounting department.
- Assist Senior Manager to coach and develop the financial accounting and reporting team
- Other duties as required
- Mandatory Accounting Designation - CPA-CA, CPA-CMA, CPA-CGA
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
- 5+ years of general accounting and reporting in health care industry.
- Knowledge of MIS Standards/GreatPlains/Integration Manager (a definite asset)
- Experience in modeling business cases and building management reports.
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and summarize it to present meaningful information to various levels of management.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently without detailed instruction.
- Display initiative and sound professional judgment and integrity
- A self-starter and multi-tasker with a solid sense of prioritization; problem solver; confident in dealing with operations.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Access and experience in building Excel Macro would be ideal.
- Experience in a major ERP system.
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills with all levels of management including Senior Executives
- Appreciating the responsibility of meeting tight and conflicting deadlines
- Good understanding of accounting concepts and generally accepted accounting principles, including knowledge of Not For Profit reporting.
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Willingness to work flexible hours, especially during period ends and audit time
Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) get people the care they need in their homes and communities across the province. Caring for more than 637,000 people annually, LHINs work with families to help determine the right care and health supports to keep people at home for as long as possible. Learn more about our Care Coordinator, Nursing and other opportunities at www.lhinjobs.ca.
Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please visit our website at www.lhinjobs.ca or APPLY ON LINE.