Central Local Health Integration Network (CLHIN)
Caring Communities, Healthier People
The Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is one of 14 LHINs transforming health care in Ontario. The LHIN works with local health service providers and communities to design real-life solutions that improve access to care, better coordinate services and improve people’s experience with the health care system.
Job # 2017-1710
The position is responsible for monitoring and evaluating the performance and funding of health service providers across various sectors. The position assists with sector-specific analysis/negotiation of accountability agreements with Health Service Providers (HSPs) and decision support services for the Performance, Contract & Allocation (PCA) team.
The position also assists in the development and implementation of innovative performance measurement and management approaches and techniques that enhance accountability.
• Act as key staff resource responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of health service provider performance reporting.
• Harness data, knowledge, and relationships within and outside the LHIN to support internal decision-making, including the production, analysis and dissemination of reports to assess performance and funding relative to plans. This may include written reports and presentations.
• Implement the performance measurement and management framework to support accountability and negotiations of agreements.
• Perform activities related to performance measurement, performance management and funding designed to promote effective monitoring of accountability agreements and link dollars to results.
• Support the negotiation of accountability agreements with selected groups of health service providers within the overall LHIN-wide framework and protocols.
• Identify and monitor high-risk issues related to funding or financial management of HSPs.
• Support activities to allocate funds to health service providers through appropriate analysis and consultation with stakeholder groups.
• Support Central LHIN working groups such as the Long-Term Care Working Group.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary degree in business administration, finance, health administration or a relevant field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Financial accreditation preferred (e.g. CA, CMA, etc.).
Experience and Skills:
• Experience in a health care field, preferably in a finance or decision support role.
• Excellent analytical and evaluation skills to conduct technical financial analyses, identify discrepancies and impacts and develop options and recommendations.
• Intermediate level skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills and demonstrated ability to identify and respond quickly to emerging issues and priorities.
• Strong teamwork and customer service skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with other staff and to liaise with colleagues across LHINs and with contacts in the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC);
• Understanding of the Ontario health care system, its stakeholders, programs and issues.
• Familiarity with health care administrative datasets and relevant systems and indicators, including OHRS, OCDM, HIT, DAD, NACRS and SRI.
• Detail orientation.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
• Interpersonal Contacts: Internally, communicates with all employees in all departments and at all levels to exchange and share information. Externally, this position will have significant contacts with the MOHLTC, health care partners, and other third party providers and will be involved in discussing matters related to the review and monitoring of TPA agreements. Ability to work effectively with teams.
• Level of Responsibility: The position provides a critical role in reviewing and monitoring TPAs within the local community.
• Decision-Making Authority: Responsible for developing sound financial analysis and assessment of plans, and works closely with the Senior Business Analyst and Director, Performance, Contract & Allocation on resolving critical and sensitive issues.
• Physical and Sensory Demands: Minimal demands typical of a professional position operating within an office environment.
• Working Environment: Minimal exposure to disagreeable conditions typical of a professional position within an office environment.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, by Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 5 p.m., to email@example.com, quoting Job # 2017-1710 in the subject line.
This position is located at the Central LHIN headquarters in Markham, Ontario, with expectation for travel to other sites across the LHIN and occasionally the Greater Toronto Area.
More information on the Central LHIN may be found at www.centrallhin.on.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the applicatio