The Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), is one of 14 local organizations that have been created in Ontario to plan, coordinate and fund local health services, including hospitals, community care, long-term care homes, community support service agencies, and mental health and addictions agencies. The Mississauga Halton LHIN is home to more than one million people and its office is located in Oakville, Ontario.
Committed to lead health system coordination and integration for our communities our vision is to move towards a seamless health system promoting optimal health and delivering high quality care when and where needed. If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team at the Mississauga Halton LHIN, consider the following:
We are currently recruiting a Senior Lead, Regional Programs, Acute Care
Competition #: FY1718-092
Date Posted: August 22, 2017
Date Closed: until Filled
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Director, Regional Programs
Category: Permanent Full-time
Primary assigned location: Oakville – 700 Dorval Drive
Reporting to the Director, Regional Programs this position is part of a team that is responsible for supporting transformation of our local health care system by enhancing the patient experience and advancing acute care regional programs and initiatives such as acute care capacity planning, quality based procedures (QBP), critical care and integrated funding models and supporting seamless transitions for patients across the continuum of care. This role works collaboratively with provincial, regional and local stakeholders to advance the planning, integration, monitoring, evaluation and quality improvement of services to advance access, quality and capacity with a lens on population health and health equity. A key focus of this role includes leading the LHIN’s acute care capital planning process.
- Participate in the development and successful implementation of the department’s annual priorities in support of the Mississauga Halton LHIN’s Integrated Health Service Plan and Annual Business Plan.
- Work with hospital partners to advance Health System Funding reform by advancing Quality-Based Procedure implementation and quality improvement of key performance indicators such as improved access (wait time), length of stay, readmission rates and quality outcomes for patients within the Mississauga Halton LHIN through a solid understanding of Ontario’s health care system, key priorities, local health care needs and innovative best practices utilized in other jurisdictions.
- Lead the LHIN’s acute care capital planning process through effective teamwork and collaboration with Ministry staff, LHIN colleagues and health service providers. Review, analyze and synthesize health system planning and utilization data for the purpose of advancing capital program proposals.
- Lead key initiatives within the acute care portfolio to support the Ministry’s transformation agenda and contribute to the further development of integrated funding models of bundled care within the LHIN to support the development of a high quality, efficient, effective and sustainable local health services system.
- Conduct effective stakeholder and community engagement and facilitate effective communication amongst health service providers across the LHIN, assessing the impact of planning recommendations and decisions and promote consensus among stakeholders for actions required.
- Establish and support LHIN wide committees, such as Emergency Department Leaders and Critical Care as required and monitor achievement of measureable deliverables and outcomes in relation to the goals and objectives of the committees. Ensure consumer/caregiver involvement is integrated into committee structures, planning and evaluation.
- Identify barriers to seamless transitions across the continuum of care, contribute to LHIN solutions around access and flow challenges and inform regional capacity planning for acute care services.
- Support the improvement of population health through working collaboratively with the partners beyond the health care system whose services impact the health status of the Mississauga Halton residents.
- Provide written updates and reports to the LHIN Senior Executive Team and to the broader community as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience
- Masters Degree in health administration, health planning, business administration or relevant field.
- Understanding of Ontario’s health-care system, key priorities and trends; particularly within the acute care sector. 5 to 10 years clinical or management experience in acute health care setting, or related field is an asset.
- Proven skill and experience leading and implementing complex initiatives aimed at accelerating transformation, change management and program development within a health care environment.
- Strong ability to gather, critically analyze and synthesize data and information from multiple sources to inform population health planning and to guide evidence based decision making.
- Proven strong, positive interpersonal skills to build and maintain strategic relations with stakeholders. Senior level planning experience, preferably within a health-care environment.
- Proven experience with negotiation and facilitation techniques and processes, including experience developing and facilitating complex sessions involving diverse stakeholders. Demonstrated leadership ability and experience gaining consensus among diverse groups.
- Project Management experience, preferably within a health-care environment, with proven ability to move complex projects from start to finish through planning, development, implementation, evaluation and quality improvement.
Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to deliver articulate presentations, prepare clear succinct reports and conduct/lead effective stakeholder engagement sessions.
- Flexible, adaptive and responsive to change.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and success in applying quality improvement methodologies highly desirable.
- Adept in the use of MS Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.)
Thank you for your interest in joining our exceptional team at Mississauga Halton LHIN!
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing FY1718-092 on the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.