If you are a detail-oriented, analytical and critical thinker who inspires team excellence, consider this permanent, full-time opportunity with Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN). Formerly known as Central Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), Central LHIN is a proud recipient of a Gold Quality Healthcare Workplace Award for 2015, and one of the GTA’s Top Employers for 2017.
As part of the Performance and Corporate Services division, the Central LHIN is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of Decision Support Analyst – Job #2017-165
Reporting to the Manager of Decision Support you will be a part of a skilled team that extract and analyze data to support LHIN staff in their decision making. You will play an integral role in the provision of information, analysis and business intelligence to support the delivery of home and community care, planning decisions, local health system design and strategy development leading to improved patient care and coordination of health care services.
- Participate on a high quality Decision Support team to support, advise and educate information users on data collection, data acquisition, analysis, interpretation, and indicator development. Fulfill end-user needs for information.
- Support Home and Community care programs, the planning team, senior management and the Board of Directors with data, information, analyses and dashboards to enable evidence-based decision making.
- Work with various teams at a program level on projects requiring data, information and analyses. For example the budget team and sub-region teams.
- Conducting analyses of local health care system for the purpose of identifying gaps and establishing planning priorities as well as assessing the impact of planning recommendations and decisions.
- Provide analytic input and expertise to Annual Business Plans, Integrated Health Service Plans and Annual Report
- Extract and aggregate data from disparate sources. Includes report writing using SQL, SSRS and SAS and projects related to database design and redesign.
- Accountable for development and regular production of standard products, reports and dashboards to support the evaluation of home and community care services and local health system performance. Includes the Corporate Balanced Scorecard, leadership dashboard, MLAA/Stocktake dashboard, and IHSP Scorecard.
- Conduct preliminary reviews and analytical verification of provincial and national reports (CIHI Health Indicators, HSMR, Canadian Community Health Survey, HQO Quality Monitor, HSSOntario) to assess LHIN performance against benchmarks and advise LHIN team on priority areas for follow-up.
- Extract, aggregate and analyze data from provincial and national databases and business intelligence tools such as: CIHI portal, intelliHealth and iPort Access. Be a key point of contact for understanding the information in these databases and where to source data for specific sectors, including: primary care, hospital, home and community care, mental health and addictions, long-term care, as well as population health and socio-demographic data.
- Develop and implement educational tools and materials to facilitate the use of information as a strategic resource.
- Educate LHIN staff on ‘self-serve tools’ relative to staff portfolios such as: CIHI e-learning, MoHLTC HSIMI website, HQO tools, Ontario Community Health Profiles. Includes developing ‘self-serve tools’ for staff to access frequently requested data on their own in a user-friendly way.
- Continue the deployment and improvement of business intelligence tools, portals and dashboards.
- Monitor data quality and reconcile data against various systems and take investigative action where required.
- Cross-train within the team and document procedures for knowledge sharing.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline as a minimum requirement. Master’s degree preferred. Certification with the (CCHIM) Canadian College of Health Information Management, an asset.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and function in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to display and explain complex analyses in an easily understood user-friendly manner geared to the target audience.
- Ability to work co-operatively with all levels of LHIN staff and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL Server products and services such as SSRS, SSIS, SSAS.
- Proficiency in BI Dashboard tools such as SharePoint Designer, Tableau, Power BI, Qlik
- Strong technical skills related to working with large data sets.
- Strong competency in using Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of CIHI datasets (HCRS, DAD, NACRS, CCRS, NRS, OMHRS).
- Knowledge CIHI/MoHLTC methodologies (HSFR, HSMR, RIW, HIG, MIS Guidelines).
- Knowledge of Access to Care/Cancer Care Ontario datasets and Business Intelligence tools (WTIS, ALC, ER, SetP, iPort).
- Knowledge of interRAI suite of tools and experience with the CCAC’s Client Health and Related Information System (CHRIS).
- Experience with database design an asset
- Experience with ETL development and configuration, including design and development of OLAP cubes, an asset.
This position is located at the Central LHIN headquarters in Markham & the Sheppard Site, with expectation for travel to other sites across the LHIN and occasionally the Greater Toronto Area.
Please forward your cover letter and resume by August 25, 2017 at 5 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Job # 2017-165 in the subject line or Apply online.
More information on the Central LHIN may be found at centrallhin.on.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.