Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable Supervisor
If you are a detail-oriented finance and accounting leader who inspires team excellence, consider this permanent, full-time opportunity with Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN). Formerly known as Central Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), Central LHIN is a proud recipient of a Gold Quality Healthcare Workplace Award for 2015, and one of the GTA’s Top Employers for 2017.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Accounting and Reporting, you will be responsible for supervision of staff and associated functions in Accounts Payable and CHRIS billing suspension areas, working within CHRIS/HPG/GP systems. This is a highly collaborative role, as you’ll be working closely with Accounts Payable Clerks, Billing Clerks and Administrative Coordinators, and under the direction of Management, to ensure that A/R and A/P activities are carried out in the most efficient manner possible. Ultimately, your success in this position will contribute to the delivery and coordination of timely, quality home and community care.
Location: This position will initially be based at our Sheppard site-45 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite #700, in North York, ON.
As Supervisor of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, you will play a critical role in ensuring timely and accurate payables and receivables through effective team supervision, process management and continuous improvement. Specifically, you can expect to:
- Supervise staff in the Accounts Payable, and CHRIS billing suspension areas
- Schedule work shifts and management of workflow in the Department
- Work with all direct reports to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor, or advise on, the progress
- Collaborate with other Finance Managers or supervisors to support departmental goals and objectives
- Support the Senior Finance Managers with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Mentor Accounts Payable and Receivable Clerks on techniques and best practices
- Identify staff development and training needs
- Exercise considerable judgement and decision-making skills in interpreting complex information and providing management with expert recommendations concerning viable options for operational changes
- Provide advice and guidance to staff in resolving complex problems
- Develop, support, and evaluate the performance of staff, assign work and projects, and monitor and adjust workloads, as required
- Manage the monthly reconciliation of G/L to A/P sub-ledger and G/L to A/R sub-ledger, review long-standing items
- Assist the Senior Manager with year-end audit, recommending final EFT/cheque run date for proper cut-off
- Assist auditors with interim and year-end audits, e.g., extract of audit samples, audit confirmation
- Update annual cash flow forecast and actual with EFT/cheque run amount or provide information to Financial Analysts
- Review weekly processed invoices/billing reversal/payment requests along with proper authorization and account codes for accuracy
- Ensure that all cheques are accounted for and proper signature authorization is obtained for release of payment, as per the organization’s policies
- Verify that payment processing and distribution of cheques comply with payment terms and timelines established by organizational policies and procedures and with contract for Service Providers
- Monitor completion of weekly billing suspensions and compile cheque run to ensure the timely and accurate payment to all Service Providers, Private Schools and suppliers
- Act as 2nd point of contact with Providers, Vendors, Private Schools, Hospitals and miscellaneous suppliers regarding any issues/problems with payments and with CHRIS/HPG/GP systems
- Implement and monitor processes in Accounts Payable and CHRIS billing suspension areas
- Participate in the ongoing development and quality improvement of the Accounts Payable/billing suspension processes
- Review bank deposits, deposit of coffee funds and any other deposits, as required
- Manage the month-end A/P closing process and the Matman/PO reconciliation process
- Track accruals regarding outstanding invoices for month-end and year-end
- Prepare submission of GST and property tax rebates
- Maintain off-site storage records for the Finance Department and ensure files/invoices are sent off-site on time
- Assist with training/orientation of new staff to Accounts Payable
- Cross-train and act as vacation/sick leave back-up for other staff in Accounts Payable and billing suspension areas
- Participate in special projects, committees and analysis, as assigned.
Your professional strengths for the role of Supervisor, Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable, will include:
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
- Completion of the Chartered Professional Accountant designation, or current enrolment in the final stages of the program
- Five (5) years’ related work experience in Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Experience in the Health Services sector (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of Client Information System (CHRIS) billings
- Knowledge of MIS/Great Plains/Integration Manager (a definite asset)
- Knowledge of Medical terminology (a definite asset)
- Accurate data entry skills with appropriate keyboarding skills
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Excel Word, and Outlook
- Efficiency in CHRIS Client System/Great Plains, with up‑to‑date knowledge of most recent changes
- Ability to assimilate MIS-compliant information into General Ledger
- Previous accounting and/or accounts payable and/or billing suspensions experience in the health care industry (preferred)
- Attention to detail to ensure data is entered accurately and in a timely manner
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to organize and prioritize the daily workload in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes and interruptions
- Demonstrated ability to manage and engage staff to continuously improve processes
- Superior customer service skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally with Service Provider Agencies, Suppliers, Hospitals and staff at all levels, including Management
- Demonstrated communication skills to work in a team environment and with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to motivate others in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) get people the care they need in their homes and communities across the province. Caring for more than 637,000 people annually, LHINs work with families to help determine the right care and health supports to keep people at home for as long as possible. Learn more about our Care Coordinator, Nursing and other opportunities at www.LHINjobs.ca.
Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please visit our website at www.LHINjobs.ca.