We are currently recruiting an Executive Assistant, Health System Strategy, Integration & Planning
Competition #: FY1718-055
Date Posted: June 7, 2017
Date Closed: Until Filled
Reports to: Vice President, Health System Strategy, Integration & Planning
Category: Permanent Full Time
Team: Health System Strategy, Integration & Planning
Primary assigned location: 2655 North Sheridan Way, Mississauga
Reporting to the Vice President, Health System Strategy, Integration & Planning this position provides senior level administrative support to the Vice President and her portfolio as required. Areas of responsibility include business requirement coordination under limited supervision in a team environment to ensure the effective management and relationship building of the department.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
Assistance and Support to the Vice President
- Coordinates and manages the services provided by the HealthRegional Programs & Strategic Development portfolio; ensures the efficient and effective use of resources based on a high level of performance standards
- Prioritizes information required, prepares information packages, briefing materials, and background documents for meetings or pending decisions
- Issue management; including customer service related client concerns, recognizing and bringing forward the urgent issues to the Vice President’s attention and forwarding to the appropriate parties for resolution
- Acts as a liaison with counterparts across the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), province, government agencies, other LHIN's and community partners on matters involving committees the Vice President chairs or participates in
- Prepares documents as required using word processing, presentation, data base, and related computer software for the Vice President
- Prepares and pre-circulates agenda and support materials for all meetings; coordinates arrangements for committees/meetings and takes minutes at management, team and other committee meetings
- Prioritizes and manages the Vice President’s calendar, sets up meetings on his/her behalf and resolves scheduling conflicts
- Handles logistics, travel arrangements, and accommodations for events, seminars, meetings, and other engagements
- Initiates, plans and carries out a variety of portfolio-specific projects, research, events, consultations or assignments, including administrative support
- Conducts research/general surveys and collects/compiles data on behalf of the Vice President as requested
Administrative Professional Team Support
- Collaborates with other Executive Assistants to ensure the flow and completion of priority organizational work
- Distributes priority work across the administrative team as needed to ensure completion
- Provides leadership to and acts as mentor to the portfolio’s administrative assistants
- Identifies needs for efficiencies and improvement within administrative processes
- Identifies, develop and implement in collaboration with the Administrative Professionals Team new procedures and controls deemed necessary by management
Thank you for your interest in joining our exceptional team at Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN)
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing via the following link www.ccacjobs.ca
Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.