ONE (1) YEAR CONTRACT CARE COORDINATORS
Full-Time One (1) Year Contract Care Coordinator positions are currently available at Toronto Central Community Local Health Integration Network (TC LHIN).
Incumbents will assess referred clients for eligibility in the Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network and assist ineligible clients in finding alternative sources of care. Responsibilities include working with clients and their families/care givers to ensure that their needs are met through the development, co-ordination, and monitoring of comprehensive service plans, and act as the contact between clients and various community agencies and providers.
Care Coordinator $67,736.71- $79,085.36 per annum
- A nurse, physical therapist, occupational therapist, speech language pathologist or Dietician currently licensed, registered or certified according to the requirements of the profession in the Province of Ontario; or a Social Worker with a MSW and membership in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW); or be currently employed as a care co-ordinator.
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant clinical or community health experience.
- Excellent assessment skills and ability to make decisions with limited information is required.
- Understands specific needs and challenges of the frail elderly.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, decision-making skills, and high flexibility is required.
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively in a busy multi-disciplinary situation.
- Knowledge of community resources and situations that can be managed in the community.
- Demonstrated understanding of all destinations and care options for clients – including supportive housing, LTC, convalescence, short stay etc. as a destination.
- Ability to remain calm and de-escalate clients/caregivers presenting in the Emergency Department environment.
- Knowledge of and experience working with culturally diverse groups is required.
- Additional language skills preferred.
- Demonstrated computer literacy in a Windows environment is required
- Physical/medicine expertise is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
We offer competitive salaries and Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) options.
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please visit our website at www.ccacjobs.ca and apply online.
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.