Bring your healthcare administrative support experience to this role as a Team Assistant for the Central West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC).
Reporting to the Manager – Client Services, the TEAM ASSISTANT will provide support for the assigned team in their daily activities to facilitate efficient and effective service delivery to our clients.
• Process new referrals, orders for services, supplies and equipment
• Process and assist with management of confidential records for clients on admission and until discharge
• Enter, update and maintain high volume of client data into electronic database
• Provide administrative support services for case managers
• Answer high volume of telephone inquiries from clients, families and service providers; refer callers to Case Managers and/or other appropriate individuals
• Maintain client information database
• Provide back-up support to other positions as assigned
• Provide switchboard relief as required
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Please note: the successful candidate must be available to attend a 3 – 5 week orientation (full-time).
LOCATION: Brampton, Ontario
• Minimum Secondary School Graduate
• Minimum two years office experience
• Advanced keyboarding skills
• Proficiency with database software, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Advanced multitasking skills with ability to meet production and service standards
• Very good interpersonal skills including the ability to function as a part of a team and interact with different cultures with tact and diplomacy
• Very good communications skills, both oral and written
• Familiarity with medical terminology, office administrative procedures/concepts and knowledge of CCAC services would be an asset
• French language is an asset
WHO WE ARE
Each year, over 600,000 people count on the Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) of Ontario as their single point of access for community services. CCACs play a pivotal role in helping clients navigate the complexities of the health care system, and we are dedicated to supporting and enhancing the quality of life, independence, health and well-being of individuals in the communities we serve.
Employees at the Central West CCAC enjoy a competitive compensation package which includes a comprehensive benefit plan. We are committed to creating a work environment that fosters continuous learning at all levels of our organization including ongoing internal learning opportunities, formal training events and conferences.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are seeking a chance to be part of team that’s truly making a difference in the lives of others, please apply on-line. All applications will be reviewed.
The Central West Community Care Access Centre is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
Key word search: CWCCAC, community health care and knowledge management, support services, admin support, customer service